
The other food is popular elsewhere but is taken to a whole different level in the South. That would most obviously be fried chicken. Brittain has fried chicken at least once a week, which shows how popular it is in the South. I would rarely eat fried chicken at home - maybe two or three times a year. It is the staple Southern food, and for good reason. It is universally loved by people from all parts of the country, spreading Southern culture and traditions.

However the one Southern food that I really enjoyed was one that I had never heard of. The first time they had it in the dining hall I was intrigued. A brownish pie with some sort of nuts laid over top sat next to other desserts. I picked it up wanting to try something new and was thus introduced to the wonder of Pecan Pie. I couldn't believe I had never heard of something this delicious. Now having spent more time in the South I can't believe I never did hear of it considering that it is as popular as fried chicken or grits.

In the end I found that Southern food is delicious, but must definitely be consumed in moderation. After eating so much fried food, I voluntarily eat salads these days.
No comments:
Post a Comment