Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Texan Pride...

When I think of the south, my first thought is Southern Pride. If you go to Texas, you see "don't mess with Texas" plastered across, well... Everything. It's on pillows, cards, notebooks, etc. I've heard that they do this in other states too, but I haven't really noticed it. The question was what's the first thing I think about when I think about the south. I think Texan pride. It really stands out in my childhood. Even the kids who were born-and-bread Texans had this innate sense that because they were from Texas, they could get away with saying or doing anything they very well pleased. I always thought it was crazy... Hysterical! that kids who were no older than me walked around cursing and doing things that they shouldn't be just because they were Texans. And this is, Texan Pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment